72 Attend Follett Destiny Southern Philippine Launch; 17 trained at 5th Follett Cir/Cat Comprehensive Course February 14, 2011Posted by editor in Cataloging, Library, Library Automation, OPAC, Philippine libraries, Trainings & Events.
add a comment
EISI’s first back-to-back event held in Davao late 2010 drew a good number of attendees not only from Mindanao but even as far as Luzon. The two events highlighted the maturity of the Windows-based Follett Cir/Cat platform, and the game-changing web-based Follett Destiny Resource Management Solution for library automation, textbook management, asset and media management. The 5th Cir/Cat Comprehensive Training Course was held from October 19 to the morning of October 22, 2010 at Brokenshire College, with 17 in attendance. Ms. Sonia Gementiza of DLSU-Dasmarinas was again the main lecturer, assisted by Pedro Tabinas and Dada Flores of EISI. The Destiny Southern Philippine Launch was held on the afternoon of Oct 22 at the Grand Men Seng Hotel with 72 attendees.
EISI Exhibited in Seven Librarian Events in 2010 February 9, 2011Posted by editor in Company, Information Management, Library, Library Automation, Philippine libraries, Trainings & Events.
Tags: Library Events
add a comment
As part of its commitment of support to the Filipino librarian community, Electronic Information Solutions Inc. (EISI) participated in seven (7) library association events in 2010 as a sponsor/exhibitor. These events were held in various parts of the country by different library associations, and EISI took these opportunities not only to show their products but also to contribute to the success of these events:
1. PAARL National Summer Conference, on April 14-16, 2010 at the Function Hall of Dao Diamond Bed & Breakfast Hotel, Km. 3, Dao District, Tagbilaran City, Bohol. Theme : “Superior Practices and World Widening Services of Philippine Libraries.”
2. ALBASA 36th Annual General Assembly and Book Fair, on May 19-21 2010 at Grand Convention Center, Cebu.
3. ALAP-38th General Assembly, on June 2-4, 2010 at CEAT Library, UP Los Baños, Laguna. Theme : “Reinventing Libraries and Librarians”
4. Baguio-Benguet Librarian’s Association (BBLAI) Seminar-Workshop, on July 19-20, 2010 at the University of Cordilleras Library. Theme : ”Raising the Quality of Library Service Through Open Access, and Open Source System (OSS)”
5. PAARL Workshop on August 19-20, 2010 at Holy Angel University, Angeles City, Pampanga. Theme: Library and Web 2011 For Readers, Technical and Archive Services.
6. PLAI – Western Visayas Regional Council, General Election of Officers and 2010 Pearlinian Awards, on October 28, 2010 at Palmas del Mar Resort, Bacolod City. The 2nd day of this event (Oct 29, 2010) was a workshop on Machine-Readable Cataloging for which EISI provided the lecturer (Ms. Sharon Samaniego of De La Salle – Dasmarinas) and the course materials.
7. ASLP Seminar, on November 16-18, 2010 at the National Library. Theme: “Paper Conservation and Preservation with Observation Tour of Selected Archival Institutions.”
EISI is proud to be part of the Philippine library community in 2010 and looks forward to sharing these kinds of events in 2011.