Tags: Library Events
add a comment
It’s been quite a while since our last post, so we’ll take this opportunity to record our major company events the past year. Electronic Information Solutions Inc. (EISI) participated in nine (9) library association events in 2010 as a sponsor/exhibitor or presentor. We are grateful for the officers of these associations for this continuing partnership to educate our librarians about the latest technologies:
- April 11-13, 2011 – The Cagayan and Kalinga-Apayao (CaAKAp) Librarians Association Inc. conducted a National Summer Conference on the theme: “Rekindling the Spirit of Leadership Towards Better Library Environment” held at the Villa Victoria Hotel, Pengu-Ruyu, Tuguegarao City, Cagayan.
- April 13 -15, 2011 – PLAI-STRLC organized the Regional Summer Conference at El Pueblo Rhizort, Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro.
- April 27-29, 2011 – The Philippine Association of Academic and Research Librarians, Inc. conducted a 3-day National Summer Conference on the theme: “Library Tourism & Hospitality: The Business of Endearing Philippine Libraries and Information Services to Publics”. This professional activity was held at the Lake Houses 1 & 2 of San Antonio Resort, Baybay Beach, Roxas City, Capiz.
- April 27-30, 2011 – The Association of Special Libraries of the Philippines, Inc. (ASLP) in cooperation with the Zamboanga del Norte Provincial Library, conducted four-day, three-night seminar on “Challenges and Opportunities of Librarians and Information Professionals in the Age of New Technology”. This was held at the Bamboo Garden, Dipolog City.
- August 26, 2011 – Online MAHLAP Union List Training for Contributing Libraries was held at the Information Management Service Training Room, Department of Health, San Lazaro Compound, Sta. Cruz, Manila.
- May 17-19, 2011 – The Academic Libraries Book Acquisition Systems Association, Inc. (ALBASA, INC.) held its 38th Annual General Assembly with a book fair, business meeting and seminar at the Cebu Grand Convention Center, Archbishop Reyes, St., Cebu City, Philippines.
- October 12-14, 2011 – The Cavite Librarians Association, Inc. (CLASS, Inc.), had its National Conference with the theme “Libraries & Information Centers: Improvements and Innovations” at the El Cielito Hotel, Tagaytay City.
- November 10-11, 2011 – The Philippine Librarians Association, Inc. (PLAI) Caraga Regional Council in coordination with the Caraga Librarians and Libraries Association, Inc., (CLLA) conducted its 3rd Regional Convention and Seminar-Workshop on the theme “Reinventing Libraries in the 21st Century” on November 10-11, 2011 at Goat 2 Geder Hotel and Restaurant, Butuan City.
- November 16-18, 2011 – Philippine Librarians Association, Inc. (PLAI), General Conference and Assembly was held in Hotel Elizabeth located at #1 J. Felipe Street corner Gibraltar Street, Baguio City East, Baguio City. This activity is in partnership with the National Commission for Culture and Arts-National Committee on Library and Information Services (NCCA-NCLIS) with the theme: “National Conference on Libraries for Progress”.
In addition, EISI organized 3 corporate events to serve the needs of its customers and give back to the community.
June 30 – July 1 2011, 18th MARC 21 Workshop, St Louise University, Baguio City. 40 librarians learn from Prof. Corazon Nera, Chairman, Board of Librarianship. Full story HERE.
January 22, 2011. EISI sponsored a book donation ceremony for the city library of Dasmarinas, Cavite. Full story HERE.
December 4, 2011. EISI sponsored T-shirts for volunteer staff of a medical mission in Laguna.
EISI is proud of its contribution to the Philippine library community as well as to the general public in 2011. Subscribe to our feeds to see what’s happening this 2012. Or like us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/electronic.info
EISI Exhibited in Seven Librarian Events in 2010 February 9, 2011Posted by editor in Company, Information Management, Library, Library Automation, Philippine libraries, Trainings & Events.
Tags: Library Events
add a comment
As part of its commitment of support to the Filipino librarian community, Electronic Information Solutions Inc. (EISI) participated in seven (7) library association events in 2010 as a sponsor/exhibitor. These events were held in various parts of the country by different library associations, and EISI took these opportunities not only to show their products but also to contribute to the success of these events:
1. PAARL National Summer Conference, on April 14-16, 2010 at the Function Hall of Dao Diamond Bed & Breakfast Hotel, Km. 3, Dao District, Tagbilaran City, Bohol. Theme : “Superior Practices and World Widening Services of Philippine Libraries.”
2. ALBASA 36th Annual General Assembly and Book Fair, on May 19-21 2010 at Grand Convention Center, Cebu.
3. ALAP-38th General Assembly, on June 2-4, 2010 at CEAT Library, UP Los Baños, Laguna. Theme : “Reinventing Libraries and Librarians”
4. Baguio-Benguet Librarian’s Association (BBLAI) Seminar-Workshop, on July 19-20, 2010 at the University of Cordilleras Library. Theme : ”Raising the Quality of Library Service Through Open Access, and Open Source System (OSS)”
5. PAARL Workshop on August 19-20, 2010 at Holy Angel University, Angeles City, Pampanga. Theme: Library and Web 2011 For Readers, Technical and Archive Services.
6. PLAI – Western Visayas Regional Council, General Election of Officers and 2010 Pearlinian Awards, on October 28, 2010 at Palmas del Mar Resort, Bacolod City. The 2nd day of this event (Oct 29, 2010) was a workshop on Machine-Readable Cataloging for which EISI provided the lecturer (Ms. Sharon Samaniego of De La Salle – Dasmarinas) and the course materials.
7. ASLP Seminar, on November 16-18, 2010 at the National Library. Theme: “Paper Conservation and Preservation with Observation Tour of Selected Archival Institutions.”
EISI is proud to be part of the Philippine library community in 2010 and looks forward to sharing these kinds of events in 2011.
NTRL and Inmagic Software at ASLP Seminar On November 16-18, 2010 November 10, 2010Posted by editor in Databases, Information Management, Philippine libraries, Trainings & Events.
Tags: NTRL NTIS Inmagic
add a comment
EISI will be one of the exhibitors during a three-day seminar on “Paper Conservation & Preservation with Observation Tour of Selected Archival Institutions” on November 16-18, 2010 at the EFLC Audio-Visual Room, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, Manila. For more info click HERE.
Inmagic – powered Information Center Wins Top Honors January 11, 2010Posted by editor in Information Management, Library, Philippine libraries.
add a comment
The international trade information center maintained by the Bureau of Export and Trade Promotion (BETP) of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) won top honors as the “Most Innovative Idea” during the DTI Yearend Event to formally close the year 2009. Known as the One Stop International Trade Resource Center (ITRC), the center provides quality services and information assistance to exporters, would-be-exporters, and the business communities. The office is headed by Ms. Wilma Lopez, who chose Inmagic as the main software for the center. Also honored during the event was Mr. George Bernardo, analyst and long-time Inmagic designer, as Best Technical Staff.
To see Inmagic in action in this information center, go to http://www.itrc.dti.gov.ph and click on web opac, trade events or links.
Inmagic provides software for information management in special libraries and information centers. They can be reached at http://www.inmagic.com. Inmagic is represented in the Philippines by Electronic Information Solutions Inc. (http://www.eisi.com.ph)
add a comment
It was another gainful day for those who attend the three-day seminar- workshop, organized by the Association of Special Libraries of the Philippines (ASLP), last May 6-8, 2009 at Sampaguita Gardens Resort, Poblacion, New Washington, Aklan. This year’s theme is “Collection Management: Current Trends, Practices and Future Directions”.
As part of our commitment to a good service for Philippine libraries, providing them new technology to cater their library needs, EISI who came as an exhibitor once again was given a chance to present our newest products. First, the Follett’s Destiny Library Manager software, a totally web-based library automation and educational asset management software for consortia and multiple campuses with all functions like OPAC, cataloging, circulation, inventory, reports and others requiring no more than a web browser. Also, the Follett’s Cir/Cat (Circulation Plus, Cataloging Plus and Web Collection Plus) that includes a fully integrated database accessible from the different modules and which may be searched over the internet and all data entered are compliant with MARC 21, the standard data format for libraries. Lastly, the Inmagic information management software that organize and deliver enterprise content, seamlessly integrate internal and external content sources and deploy business critical information to corporate portals, intranets, extranets and the Web.
Thank you ASLP for trusting our products! EISI got a plaque of appreciation from this active and enthusiastic group of special librarians.
Luzon Sales Engineer, Ms. Snooky Ignacio welcomes the participants at EISI booth (left) and while presenting our products to ASLP participants (right).
ASLP Participants during the seminar-workshop