Tags: Library Events
add a comment
It’s been quite a while since our last post, so we’ll take this opportunity to record our major company events the past year. Electronic Information Solutions Inc. (EISI) participated in nine (9) library association events in 2010 as a sponsor/exhibitor or presentor. We are grateful for the officers of these associations for this continuing partnership to educate our librarians about the latest technologies:
- April 11-13, 2011 – The Cagayan and Kalinga-Apayao (CaAKAp) Librarians Association Inc. conducted a National Summer Conference on the theme: “Rekindling the Spirit of Leadership Towards Better Library Environment” held at the Villa Victoria Hotel, Pengu-Ruyu, Tuguegarao City, Cagayan.
- April 13 -15, 2011 – PLAI-STRLC organized the Regional Summer Conference at El Pueblo Rhizort, Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro.
- April 27-29, 2011 – The Philippine Association of Academic and Research Librarians, Inc. conducted a 3-day National Summer Conference on the theme: “Library Tourism & Hospitality: The Business of Endearing Philippine Libraries and Information Services to Publics”. This professional activity was held at the Lake Houses 1 & 2 of San Antonio Resort, Baybay Beach, Roxas City, Capiz.
- April 27-30, 2011 – The Association of Special Libraries of the Philippines, Inc. (ASLP) in cooperation with the Zamboanga del Norte Provincial Library, conducted four-day, three-night seminar on “Challenges and Opportunities of Librarians and Information Professionals in the Age of New Technology”. This was held at the Bamboo Garden, Dipolog City.
- August 26, 2011 – Online MAHLAP Union List Training for Contributing Libraries was held at the Information Management Service Training Room, Department of Health, San Lazaro Compound, Sta. Cruz, Manila.
- May 17-19, 2011 – The Academic Libraries Book Acquisition Systems Association, Inc. (ALBASA, INC.) held its 38th Annual General Assembly with a book fair, business meeting and seminar at the Cebu Grand Convention Center, Archbishop Reyes, St., Cebu City, Philippines.
- October 12-14, 2011 – The Cavite Librarians Association, Inc. (CLASS, Inc.), had its National Conference with the theme “Libraries & Information Centers: Improvements and Innovations” at the El Cielito Hotel, Tagaytay City.
- November 10-11, 2011 – The Philippine Librarians Association, Inc. (PLAI) Caraga Regional Council in coordination with the Caraga Librarians and Libraries Association, Inc., (CLLA) conducted its 3rd Regional Convention and Seminar-Workshop on the theme “Reinventing Libraries in the 21st Century” on November 10-11, 2011 at Goat 2 Geder Hotel and Restaurant, Butuan City.
- November 16-18, 2011 – Philippine Librarians Association, Inc. (PLAI), General Conference and Assembly was held in Hotel Elizabeth located at #1 J. Felipe Street corner Gibraltar Street, Baguio City East, Baguio City. This activity is in partnership with the National Commission for Culture and Arts-National Committee on Library and Information Services (NCCA-NCLIS) with the theme: “National Conference on Libraries for Progress”.
In addition, EISI organized 3 corporate events to serve the needs of its customers and give back to the community.
June 30 – July 1 2011, 18th MARC 21 Workshop, St Louise University, Baguio City. 40 librarians learn from Prof. Corazon Nera, Chairman, Board of Librarianship. Full story HERE.
January 22, 2011. EISI sponsored a book donation ceremony for the city library of Dasmarinas, Cavite. Full story HERE.
December 4, 2011. EISI sponsored T-shirts for volunteer staff of a medical mission in Laguna.
EISI is proud of its contribution to the Philippine library community as well as to the general public in 2011. Subscribe to our feeds to see what’s happening this 2012. Or like us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/electronic.info
EISI Sponsors Book Donation Ceremony June 9, 2011Posted by editor in Company, Library, Library Automation, Philippine libraries, Trainings & Events.
Tags: Book Donation, CSR
add a comment
Last January 22, 2011, twelve employees and associates of Electronic Information Solutions Inc (EISI, Makati, Philippines) took time out of their busy schedules to volunteer for a worthy cause. They came to organize, deliver and turn over books donated by UST Engineering Batch 1986 (USTEng86) to the Aklatang Panglungsod ng Dasmarinas (APD, Cavite). The book donation was a silver jubilee activity of USTEng86 and was initiated by EISI Managing Director Reuel Avila, who is an alumnus of UST College of Engineering.
USTEng86 alumni were able to gather around 130 books which was labeled, sorted and boxed by EISI volunteers. Aside from donating its own share of books, EISI likewise provided food and transportation for the volunteers and the several boxes of books. More books will be solicited throughout 2011, for which EISI employees volunteer their services to prepare the donations and transport the books to the library.
The staff of APD prepared a short program to mark the donation turnover ceremony. A handful of kids from a nearby street children shelter were treated to a story-telling session conducted by Mrs. Grace Babol, EISI Area Representative. On hand to receive the donations were City Councilor Hon. Jacinto B. Frani, Jr, Ms. Vanessa Olaes, Officer-in-charge, APD, and Ms Sonia Gementiza, APD consultant.
APD is a priority project of Mayor Jennifer Barzaga with the cooperation of Congressman Elpidio F. Barzaga Jr. of the 4th District of Cavite. It provides an extensive collection of books, a children’s area, a theater, computer facilities and numerous community activities year round. The donated books will be used in the library or disseminated in the various barangay reading center.
We are pleased to do our small part in promoting literacy in our country.
EISI Exhibited in Seven Librarian Events in 2010 February 9, 2011Posted by editor in Company, Information Management, Library, Library Automation, Philippine libraries, Trainings & Events.
Tags: Library Events
add a comment
As part of its commitment of support to the Filipino librarian community, Electronic Information Solutions Inc. (EISI) participated in seven (7) library association events in 2010 as a sponsor/exhibitor. These events were held in various parts of the country by different library associations, and EISI took these opportunities not only to show their products but also to contribute to the success of these events:
1. PAARL National Summer Conference, on April 14-16, 2010 at the Function Hall of Dao Diamond Bed & Breakfast Hotel, Km. 3, Dao District, Tagbilaran City, Bohol. Theme : “Superior Practices and World Widening Services of Philippine Libraries.”
2. ALBASA 36th Annual General Assembly and Book Fair, on May 19-21 2010 at Grand Convention Center, Cebu.
3. ALAP-38th General Assembly, on June 2-4, 2010 at CEAT Library, UP Los Baños, Laguna. Theme : “Reinventing Libraries and Librarians”
4. Baguio-Benguet Librarian’s Association (BBLAI) Seminar-Workshop, on July 19-20, 2010 at the University of Cordilleras Library. Theme : ”Raising the Quality of Library Service Through Open Access, and Open Source System (OSS)”
5. PAARL Workshop on August 19-20, 2010 at Holy Angel University, Angeles City, Pampanga. Theme: Library and Web 2011 For Readers, Technical and Archive Services.
6. PLAI – Western Visayas Regional Council, General Election of Officers and 2010 Pearlinian Awards, on October 28, 2010 at Palmas del Mar Resort, Bacolod City. The 2nd day of this event (Oct 29, 2010) was a workshop on Machine-Readable Cataloging for which EISI provided the lecturer (Ms. Sharon Samaniego of De La Salle – Dasmarinas) and the course materials.
7. ASLP Seminar, on November 16-18, 2010 at the National Library. Theme: “Paper Conservation and Preservation with Observation Tour of Selected Archival Institutions.”
EISI is proud to be part of the Philippine library community in 2010 and looks forward to sharing these kinds of events in 2011.
Looking back at EISI’s 17th year Anniversary – Club Balai Isabel December 18, 2010Posted by chachi24 in Company, Trainings & Events.
add a comment
For this year’s company anniversary, EISI Managing Director Reuel T. Avila treated the staff to a short break in the scenic town of Talisay in Batangas last September 3, 2010. Food, games and a side trip capped the event, with Club Balai Isabel providing the perfect place for the activities. After indulging in sumptuous meals, frolicking in the lakeshore and indulging in numerous games and team-building activites, the comfortable overnight stay in the resort provided much relief for the whole day of activities for EISI employees! On their way home they visited the Apolinario Mabini’s birthplace and residence, now a national shrine, in Tanauan. Everyone was thankful for the treat and is looking forward to another fruitful year for the company and another memorable activity next year.
EISI Joins PAARL Workshop at Holy Angel University November 29, 2010Posted by chachi24 in Company, Library, Library Automation, Philippine libraries, Trainings & Events.
add a comment
Last August 19 & 20 EISI joined the PAARL Parallel Session- Workshops on Library and Web 2011 which was held at Holy Angel University in Angeles, Pampanga. The 2-day event centered on lectures and discussions on library management, automation, tools, productivity, health and service improvement. EISI Customer Service Supervisor Naidz Abragan, Area Representative Grace Babol and Sales Manager Axel Cabarles set up an information booth at the lobby of the Multifunction Hall and Audio-Visual Room of the expansive Holy Angel University campus. EISI is grateful for this opportunity to support PAARL’s activities to improve Filipino librarians’ competencies.